First and foremost, we’d like to express our deep gratitude for your continued support. For those of you who have been with us from the beginning, it’s been quite a ride, right? From a tiny tasting room inside the barn, to our now infamous house fire, a little foray downtown, ahem . . . COVID, and now the expanded facility and new outside deck! And soon, yet another bit of expansion is in the works (think bistro?).
Anyway, we’ve come to a bit of a crossroads with Cider Club. When we began, our bottles retailed at about $15. However, with mounting expenses and our desire to scale things down a bit, we need to change the terms and restructuring what the Club will look like moving forward. Additionally, we’ve yet to find a software system that allows us to properly manage Club. We are searching for the best solution. So, this is what we are going to do in the meantime:
- We will, of course, honor existing memberships. This includes planned pick-up parties to finish out your allotments due, emails about new releases and special events, and 20% cider sales for the remainder of you membership.
- When your membership expires, your credit card will not be auto-renewed and your membership will terminate. We plan to use an entirely new system and structure from that point forward.
- We will maintain a list of current members and their last renewal date, so you can check to see when your membership will end.
- Many members signed up last fall, either at our fall pick-up party (mid to late November 2020), or soon thereafter, and received their fall allotment at that time. Of course, they then received their spring allotment. For these members, while we will honor your other benefits of membership until it terminates, there is no new fall allotment due this year–both allotments have been received. We are not renewing for allotments, and will let memberships expire. Of course, part of your benefits is the pick-up party itself! While there is no allotment for you to pick up, we encourage you to attend the party, enjoy treats and cider, and also an added little perk of 25% off any bottle purchases.
- For those members to whom we owe a final fall allotment, this, of course, will be available at the pick-up party on November 5, 2021. Again, the membership will not be auto-renewed, and will terminate on the date you signed up. For example, you signed up last spring and received your spring allotment. This fall’s allotment will be your last, but your other benefits will continue until the day you signed up last spring. It will then terminate.
- For those members to whom we owe two allotments (for example, someone who signed up a week ago, and has not received any allotments), we will, of course, honor this. This week’s pick-up party will be your first allotment. The second allotment will be available in the spring. Your membership perks will continue until the date you signed up for the Club and, upon that date, it will terminate.
- By next fall, we do plan to have the best possible system in place to offer you all a Club program. As a small “mom and pop” business, we have to find a system that works seamlessly–both for you, and us. We know this is yet another bump in road with the Club. Please know we appreciate each and every one of you, and really hope you do return next fall to the new program.
We understand this is bit confusing. We find it confusing, as well (a huge problem with the software we trusted to be installed on our website). Fortunately, Kamen from Stovepipe (a web solutions business in Richmond) has helped us patch it up, and keep it functioning until now. He has been awesome! At any rate, we are here to answer any and all questions about how this will work. Please feel free to reach out to Liza.
Thank you so very much for your time. You are the reason we continue to push on, move forward, and continue to try our best to make your experience here a memorable one.
Eric and Liza